Saturday, April 4, 2009

Lake Park, 4/2/09

Lake Park Birders,

Brian Hansen saw Flickers, sparrows and a Towhee in Lake Park.

--- Paul Hunter,
http://home.roadrunner.com/~phunter1/lakeparkbirds.html
=====================================================

From: Brian Hansen <rawshooter@gmail.com>
Date: April 2, 2009 11:36:41 PM CDT
Subject: Lake Park - Milwaukee

I hit Lake Park yesterday and today to fill the feeders. I had many - 20+ Northern Flickers both days. Also had an Eastern Towhee yesterday, many ravenous feeding Juncos (getting ready to move north), AM Robins, BH Cowbirds, Song Sparrows, 1 Fox Sparrow and 1 Chipping Sparrow along with the regular residents.

On another note the yardbirds from my east side home consisted of more DE Juncos than I have ever seen - maybe 25 or so plus AM Goldfinches with the males coming into breeding plumage, and my first yard Fox Sparrow ever. Can't wait to see what shows up in the next few weeks.

Brian Hansen

No comments: