Friday, May 21, 2010

4/22 Prothonotary Warbler,

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:32:19 -0500
Subject: [wisb] Prothonotary Warbler, Lake Park, Milwaukee
From: Sam Corbo <skcorbo@gmail.com>

Hey folks,
I birded the Milwaukee lakefront today. Overall, fairly quiet (except for
hundreds of Bonaparte's Gulls from McKinley Marina north to Lake Park). I
was walking north through Locust Ravine at Lake Park around 6 PM when I saw
a flash of bright yellow drop into the trailside creek. I was very
surprised when I threw up my binoculars and saw that it was a PROTHONOTARY
WARBLER. The bird bathed in the creek for about 30 seconds, before
continuing preening in a nearby bush for about another minute. I was
unableto relocate the bird after that.

Good birding!!!
Sam Corbo

--
Sam Corbo
skcorbo@gmail.com
Milwaukee, WI

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:52:51 -0500
Subject: [wisb] Lake Park Milwaukee today
From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber@gmail.com>

On a walk down at Lake Park this morning, there was some activity,
Blue Gray Gnatcatchers, Yellow Rumps and Ruby-crowned Kinglets to name a few.
A link to see the images:

http://picasaweb.google.com/JimEdlhuber/
LakeParkMilwaukeeApril222010#5463126011292752738


Jim Edlhuber
Town of Genesee, Waukesha Co

------------------------------

No comments: