Monday, October 4, 2010

Scoters Harlequin 2010 Oct 3 Mooney

Lake Park birders,

See the messages below which I am forwarding from
http://www.birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/WISC.html
Wis Bird Net .

--- Paul Hunter
Whitefish Bay, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
http://home.roadrunner.com/~phunter1/lakeparkbirds.html
=====================================================
From: "Jym Mooney & Carol Lee Hopkins" <hopmoon@milwpc.com>
Subject: [wisb] Lake Park, Milwaukee 10/3 - Surf Scoters, Harlequin
Duck, Lapla
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 19:54:00 -0500

This evening I spotted a group of nine Surf Scoters on the lake just
north
of Bradford Beach. I also found the Harlequin Duck which was reported
yesterday. It was swimming just ten feet offshore along the rocks
north of
Bradford Beach. The face is largely off-white, which leads me to
think that
this is a juvenile bird.

This morning Todd Wilson and I found a Lapland Longspur between the
rocks
and the soccer field.

Jym Mooney, Milwaukee

No comments: