Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fwd: 9/18 Warblers in Lake Park

Lake Park birders,

See the message from Wis Bird Net that I am forwarding below.

--- Paul Hunter
http://home.roadrunner.com/~phunter1/lakeparkbirds.html
=====================================================
------------------------------

From: Paul Sparks <paul.sparks@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:19:46 -0500
Subject: [wisb] Lake Park Milwaukee

Had a good morning at Lake Park this morning. I spent three hours and
saw a
good variety of birds (even if I'm not sure of all the species). I wrote
about what I saw and posted photos here;http://
photogsparks.wordpress.com/
A recap of what I saw if you don't want to make the jump;

Black & White Warbler
Blackpoll Warbler
American Redstart
Tennessee Warbler
Nashville Warbler
Palm Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Magnolia Warbler
Cape May Warbler
possible Blackburnian or Yellow-throated Green Warbler
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Swainson's Thrush
Gray-cheeked Thrush
White-throated Sparrow

I plan on making the Warbler Walk tomorrow, and will probably be there
early. Also, please speak up if I got any of the species wrong in the
photos. I'm still learning, and fall warblers aren't easy. :)

Paul Sparks
Glendale, Milwaukee County

No comments: