Sunday, August 21, 2011

2011 05 13 Prothonotary Warbler


Lake Park Birders,

Another old post below...

Paul Hunter

=====


[wisb] Prothonotary Warbler Lake Park Milwaukee - plus todays sightings and photos
• From: Brian Hansen
• To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
• Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 00:36:45 -0500

I had a really fun day that was capped off by a PROTHONOTARY WARBLER near the statue in Lake Park about a half hour before sunrise. Lifer! ...

I started the day at Lake Park of course with some good looks at a Northern Parula and a Yellow Warbler on the ground. Lots of sparrows including Savannah, Field and Clay Colored. Philadelphia, Warbling and Blue-headed Vireos, 3 male Scarlet Tanagers - never got a decent shot - and a female Scarlet that posed nicely. ...

I ended the day at Lake Park with Prothonotory, Wilsons, another Canada, Chestnut-sided, Yellow, both Black-throateds, tons of Common Yellowthroats and the typical more numerous Warbs. For the 6th day in a row Blue Jays were flying through in groups from 4 to 20. I'm too tired to do my ebird right now but I would say close to 20 or just over on the Warblers.

Here's the Prothonotary http://www.pbase.com/bhansen/image/134660280

Here's the rest including the Canada Warblers. The first 4 rows are from today.
http://www.pbase.com/bhansen/spring_2011

The Blue-gray Gnatcatcher with the honeybee is my favorite shot of the spring so far. One of my favorite birds. I watched it spend a few minutes knocking the stinger off and then down the hatch.

Brian Hansen
Milwaukee - east side
####################

No comments: