Sunday, August 21, 2011

2011 06 06 Hooded Warbler

Lake Park Birders,

Another old post.

Paul Hunter

========


[wisb] Re: Hooded Warbler Lake Park Milwaukee (2011 BIGBY #185)
• From: "B.G. Sloan"
• To: wisbirdn
• Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 17:14:27 -0700 (PDT)

I can't believe I forgot about the Hooded Warbler! I saw it yesterday (Monday) afternoon in this same general location, towards the lake bluff part of this ravine. I guess I was so pumped up about my close-encounter-of-a-turkey-kind in Lake Park that I blanked out about what I saw after that encounter!

The Hooded Warbler is species #185 on my 2011 Milwaukee walking BIGBY. (What's a BIGBY? See: http://bit.ly/iDHq3D). Shows how much I love turkeys. A bird already on my 2011 BIGBY list (Wild Turkey) made me temporarily forget an interesting new addition to the list (Hooded Warbler). :-)

Bernie Sloan
Milwaukee
---

On Tue, 6/7/11, Judith Huf wrote:
From: Judith Huf
Subject: [wisb] Hooded Warbler Lake Park Milwaukee
To: "wisbird"
Date: Tuesday, June 7, 2011, 8:47 AM

There is a singing Hooded Warbler in the South Ravine between the golf course and the light house right now.

Judith Huf
Milwaukee
####################

No comments: